Respiratory Drug Delivery invites you to be a presenter in the Scientific Poster Session at RDD Asia 2018. To present a poster on recent work or insight concerning any aspect of pulmonary or nasal delivery, you must submit an abstract before July 20, 2018. Your abstract will be published in the Conference Proceedings and be seen by researchers worldwide via RDD’s searchable online database.
The Scientific Poster Session is held in conjunction with the Technology Exhibition to promote scientific discussion and networking and will run throughout the conference. Posters will be continuously accessible from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM on Thursday, November 15, and from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM on Friday, November 16. The Scientific Poster Session and Technology Exhibition will be the main RDD event during the following times:
- Thursday, November 15, 12:00 - 2:00 PM
- Friday, November 16, 12:00 - 2:00 PM
RDD seeks to publish work that has not been presented at another meeting, although it is perfectly acceptable to present new findings that build on a presentation that has been delivered elsewhere.
Preparing a Poster Abstract for Submission
Respiratory Drug Delivery has a track record of producing high-quality abstracts for distribution to conference participants at the meeting. To ensure the maximum chance of poster acceptance:
- Write your abstract using simple scientific language to describe recent experiments, innovations and insights
- Include data, new concepts or approaches
- Ensure that all claims and conclusions are supported by data or references, especially those making comparisons to competing products
- Please do not submit work that has been presented at other meetings. However, you are welcome to send us work that builds on previous presentations
Poster abstracts should be submitted in Microsoft Word and be 3 to 5 pages long, when printed double-spaced using Arial 12 point font. Prepare your poster abstract according to the Poster Abstract Guidelines.
The Publication Process
- Our review team will evaluate your poster paper and let the primary author know by e-mail if it has been accepted for presentation at RDD 2018 between July 25 and August 20, 2018. Reviewers may accept, reject or request modifications to poor-quality papers. If accepted, please make any requested corrections or alterations within 7 days.
- Obtain Copyright Permission from the original publisher to use any copyrighted materials that appear in your poster paper.
- Send revised electronic copies of your final poster abstract to Richard Dalby and Jill Cone. August 31, 2018, is the absolute deadline for receipt of revised poster papers.
Richard N. Dalby, Ph.D.
Phone: +1 (410) 706-3245
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Jill Cone
Phone: +1 (919) 858-9400
- Send a signed Transfer of Copyright Form to Respiratory Drug Delivery by email by August 31, 2018. We are required by the Virginia Commonwealth University Intellectual Property Foundation to obtain and keep on file a signed Transfer of Copyright Form for all articles published in the RDD Proceedings. Authors retain the right to use the content of their articles as they see fit and usually extend their work into full manuscripts. The Copyright Transfer requests that you ask permission to reproduce (we have always granted permission upon request) and that you acknowledge RDD.
- The Publisher will typeset your abstract and email Acrobat (.pdf) proofs for you to correct. You should return the proofs by email within 48 hours of receipt. Please make typographical corrections only; it’s too late to change the text!
Poster Session Guidelines
The scientific poster session is designed to offer you and your organization the opportunity to display innovative research and technology of interest to the aerosol community. This session is extremely flexible, but you should adhere to the following guidelines.
- We will assign a display location with the dimensions shown in the diagram at right:
- Maximum Poster Height: 60 inches
- Maximum Poster Width: 44 inches
- Your poster can be attached to the board with double-sided tape, to be provided.
- There is no table below the poster board.
Making an Impact
Posters provoke the most discussion when you follow three simple rules:
- Make the text large and legible. We recommend a dark colored font, readable at six feet.
- Focus on one or two essential themes and emphasizes novel findings.
- Keep the overall design simple, but include legible, diagrams, tables and figures.
Poster Session Etiquette
Poster content must be closely related to your published abstract. All claims and conclusions must be supported by data or references. Do not include speculative or unsubstantiated comments.
The major attraction of a poster is the presenter! Please be present at your poster to answer questions for at least an hour each time the Scientific Poster Session is open. If you don’t plan to stay the whole time, it’s helpful to display a sign showing the times you plan to be present.
Set-Up and Take Down
Set-up is encouraged on Wednesday, November 14, between 5:00–7:30 PM. You may wish to register at the same time. For late arrivals, set-up is permitted on Thursday, November 15 from 7:30–9:00 AM.
After you visit the on-site registration desk, review the conference program or the floor plan in the exhibition area to find your assigned poster location. Do not set up in a different location.
A Scientific Poster and Technology Exhibition Floor plan will be provided to all registrants of the conference with Poster Numbers clearly labeled. To assist presenters in finding their assigned location, each empty poster board will be clearly labeled.
Displays should be removed on Friday, November 16, at 5:00 PM.
The Small Print
The meeting organizers and the Grand Hyatt Kochi expressly disclaim responsibility for loss or damage to displays, laptops and other items that you bring into the exhibition. We recommend that you take small, high value items such as laptop computers or prototype devices with you when you are not at your table or are leaving the exhibition for the evening.
Please ensure anyone shipping packages to the meeting on your behalf receives a copy of these instructions.
Hotel Shipping & Receiving Contact Information:
Name: Ronnie Noble
Mobile Phone: +91 7593880438
Packages for the Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty should be timed to arrive between October 29 and November 9, 2018, delivered between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Packages will be brought to your exhibit table or poster.
Labeling Your Shipment
Please use the Hotel Delivery Label for your shipment in addition to your Main Shipping Label.
Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty
RDD Asia 2018 Conference
Hotel Phone: +91 484 275 1008
- Main Shipping Label should include the Ship-to Address above as well as your company’s return address or that of your shipping company.
- Fill out the Hotel Delivery Label completely and attach to outside of box(es). Include your name, your company name and the purpose of the box contents (e.g., Poster, Exhibit Table, Workshop).
- Number each box and the total number of boxes in your shipment (e.g., Box 1 of 3, Box 2 of 3, Box 3 of 3).
Contact your shipper for specific instructions. The following is a guide based on past experience. Neither RDD Asia 2018 nor the hotel accepts responsibility for items delayed, lost or damaged in transit to or from Grand Hyatt Kochi.
- Please ensure additional time for customs clearance in India. All shipments are subject to inspection.
- Transport and custom charges are the responsibility of the sender. Grand Hyatt will not pay transport or customs bills when carriers deliver your shipment. Please ensure that transport and customs fees are duly prepaid to avoid any delivery issues.
- Exhibit boxes should be no bigger than 1.0 meter wide, 1.2 meters high and 1.2 meters deep.
- Package fragile equipment carefully. Dangerous or suspicious looking materials should not be sent through the mail or via carrier services.
- Label boxes clearly as follows:
- RDD Asia 2018 – Exhibition (Box No. 1/3, 2/3…)
- RDD Asia 2018 – Poster (Box No. 1/3, 2/3…)
- RDD Asia 2018 – Workshop (Box No. 1/3, 2/3…)
- RDD Asia 2018 – Delegate Bags (Box No. 1/3, 2/3…)
- Please ensure that the return address is clearly displayed.
- Grand Hyatt may charge handling fees in the case of heavy or bulky parcels; such fees are the responsibility of the shipper.
- At the same time you send your package(s), e-mail Mr. Ronnie Noble (email@example.com), Senior Sales Manager, Grand Hyatt Kochi, to let him know to expect your shipment (include expected arrival, weight and number of packages sent).
- You are responsible for organizing the packing and outgoing shipment of your materials. Please contact your carrier (DHL, Fedex, UPS, etc.) and complete the appropriate forms and labels.
- Remember to pack a roll of tape and shipping forms for return shipping after the conference.
- Parcels must be picked up from this address no later than November 23, 2018.
For more information, contact Richard Dalby.