Respiratory Drug Delivery (RDD®) invites you present your research relating to pulmonary and nasal delivery in the Scientific Poster Session at Respiratory Drug Delivery 2018. The abstract deadline is January 8, 2018. Your abstract will be published in the Conference Proceedings and be seen by researchers worldwide via RDD’s searchable online database.
Accepted abstracts from graduate students are automatically eligible for the VCU RDD Peter R. Byron Graduate Student Award which covers the student's registration fee, travel expenses and accommodation up to a maximum of $2000.
RDD 2018 will feature “Posters on the Podium (PoP)” where our team of reviewers select poster presenters with interesting, important or innovative topics to deliver a ten-minute summary of their work in the main auditorium followed by a fast-paced Q&A session. Every abstract we receive is automatically considered for Posters on the Podium.
The Scientific Poster Session is held in conjunction with the Technology Exhibition to promote scientific discussion and networking and will be continuously accessible from 10:00 AM until 7:00 PM on Monday, April 23, and from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM on Tuesday, April 24, while the meeting is in session. All posters are exhibited throughout both days. The Scientific Poster Session and Technology Exhibition will be the main RDD event during the following times:
- Monday, April 23, 11:30 AM–2:30 PM and 5:00–7:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 24, 11:30 AM–2:30 PM and 5:00–7:00 PM
Poster Session Guidelines
The scientific poster session is designed to offer you and your organization the opportunity to display innovative research and technology of interest to the aerosol community. This session is extremely flexible, but you should adhere to the following guidelines.
We will assign a display location with the dimensions shown in the diagram. Your poster can be attached to the board with Velcro or pins which we supply. The skirted, shared table beneath your poster is intended to allow distribution of copies of your poster, business cards and other literature. It also facilitates demonstrations of small handheld devices or holds a laptop, but is unsuitable for anything heavier than 10 lbs. Poster displays do not have access to electricity.
Making an Impact
Posters provoke the most discussion when you follow three simple rules:
- Make the text large and legible. We recommend a dark colored font, readable at six feet.
- Focus on one or two essential themes and emphasizes novel findings.
- Keep the overall design simple, but include legible, diagrams, tables and figures.
Poster Session Etiquette
Poster content must be closely related to your published abstract. All claims and conclusions must be supported by data or references. Do not include speculative or unsubstantiated comments.
The major attraction of a poster is its presenter! Please be present at your poster to answer questions for at least an hour each time the Scientific Poster Session is open. If you don’t plan to stay the whole time, it’s helpful to display a sign showing the times you plan to be present. Person-to-person delegate messaging will be available via the RDD 2018 Conference website to encourage discussion and networking.
Do not attempt to enter the exhibition area before 3:00PM on Sunday, April 22. Set-up is encouraged on Sunday, April 22, between 3:00–7:00 PM, but for late arrivals, set-up is permitted on Monday, April 23, from 7:30–9:00 AM.
After you visit the on-site registration desk, review the conference program or the floor plan in the exhibition area to find your assigned display location. Do not set up in a different location. To protect your property, hotel security will not allow access to the exhibition area from Sunday at 7:00 PM until Monday at 7:30 AM.
A Scientific Poster and Technology Exhibition Floor Plan will be provided to all registrants of the conference with Poster Numbers clearly labeled. To assist poster presenters in finding their assigned location, each empty poster board will be clearly labeled.
Posters should be removed between 7:00–9:00 PM on Tuesday, April 24. At your own risk you may remove your poster on Wednesday, April 25, between 7:30 AM–9:30 AM, but please note there will be no hotel security on Tuesday night. Posters not removed before 9:30 AM Wednesday could be lost or damaged as the exhibition is dismantled.
The Small Print
The meeting organizers and the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort expressly disclaim responsibility for loss or damage to posters, laptops and other items that you bring into the exhibition. We recommend that you take small, high value items such as laptop computers or prototype devices with you when you are not at your poster or when leaving the exhibition for the evening.
Please ensure anyone shipping packages to the meeting on your behalf receives a copy of these instructions.
Hotel Shipping & Receiving Contact Information
TEL: (+1) 520 791-6200
Packages to the Starr Pass Resort and Spa should be timed to arrive between April 17 and April 20, 2018. Packages arriving on Monday, April 16, 2018, or earlier will incur a fee. Packages will be brought to your exhibit table or poster.
Main Label for Your Shipment
Auxiliary Label for Your Shipment
- Include your name, your company name (not just shipper’s name) and the purpose of the box contents (e.g., Poster, Exhibit Table, Reception).
- Ensure that your company’s return address or that of your shipping company is clearly displayed on the outer box.
- Number each box and the total number of boxes in your shipment (e.g., Box 1 of 3, Box 2 of 3, Box 3 of 3).
For Packages Coming from Outside the US:
Contact your shipper for specific instructions. The following is a guide based on past experience. Neither the conference nor hotel is responsible for lost or delayed shipments.
- Anticipate the possibility of inspection by US Customs and allow sufficient time for customs clearance.
- Elect to have import duties or taxes billed directly to your company on paperwork.
- Include an International Waybill and Commercial Invoice. The declared value should be the same on both forms.
- State explicitly on customs paperwork “Items for demonstration—Respiratory Drug Delivery Conference, April 22-26, 2018, JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa —and re-export thereafter. Items to be shipped back April 26, 2018”
- At the same time you send your package(s), email the Resort’s Shipping Department, at email@example.com to let them know to expect your shipment.
- When sending your package home after the meeting, include this statement on the label: “Re-export and return of Items from RDD Conference, Apr 22-26, 2018, JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa”.
For all packages:
- Package fragile items carefully and include a packing list inside and outside each box. Include pre-printed return shipping forms (including Commercial Invoice and International Waybill for overseas shipments) and a roll of tape to seal boxes for the return shipping.
- You are responsible for organizing the packing and outgoing shipment of your materials. The hotel will have blank shipping forms and labels available for most large carriers. We suggest you know and use your own carrier account number for your outgoing shipment.
- When the resort imposes Shipping and Receiving Charges these are the responsibility of the sender. Incoming package fees may be charged to a hotel guest room. Outgoing fees and fees for delegates staying off-property must be billed to a credit card.
- No COD shipments.
For further information, contact Richard Dalby.